cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract speed

TW30227
Joining in

My contract is for M100 broadband but my account shows M50 and a speed test confirms the slower speed. Virgin's Help Desk couldn't explain this. I've just upgraded by adding TV.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
To show what speed package you are "provisioned for".....

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 and hit return. On the first page up (dont hit "LogIn") click on the “router status” icon/text at the top right or bottom-middle of the first page up (it depends what Hub you have - which model is it) and then navigate to the "Configuration page data"

What are the numbers in the downstream & upstream boxes labelled "Max Data Transfer Rate" (or similar) - they are in bps and will start with a 1nnnnnnn if you are on 100 and probably 5nnnn if on 50.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thanks for responding.

The figure showing is 57500000 so this means it's set as M50 I presume.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes.

Could try switching the Hub off for 5' and unplugging it - then start up and see if it changes - dont think it will though

You will need to call in and point out you have not been upgraded to 100mbps. Ask them to sort it out as your contract shows 100.

If they fob you off or try and sell you a faster package just say no and wait for a VM person to pick this up here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TW30227,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some slow speeds.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been in contact.

Let me know if you do still need help with anything,

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Thanks for following up. The issue was resolved yesterday by Virgin engineer during tv install. 

Cheers. 

Great to hear TW30227,

Thanks for letting us know.

Alex_Rm