cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections - Gig1 Area 15

Sickbird
Joining in

As per subject - over the past week I have been experiencing constant disconnections which last anywhere from between 1 min to 10 mins, every 10 mins or so.  It has made WFH impossible.

BQM below: 

BQM 

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi John

It was still disconnecting randomly over the weekend and in fact it is off right now - it was fine this morning but it went off about 13.45 and has been off for about 10 minutes now. 

Sickbird

Thanks for the reply Sickbird

Fingers crossed there has been no more dropouts since Monday 

Gareth_L

Hi - still getting dropouts. It was fine yesterday but today I’ve had a number of dropouts. 

Hi Sickbird, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to see the disconnections have returned. 

I've taken a look at the connection today and can see that some of your upstream power levels are very borderline too high. We'll need to get an engineer out to adjust these levels as we're not able to do this remotely. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 
I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Just as a side note, are you able to post the URL to your live BQM graph instead of the link you have posted? This will allow us to monitor tings more closely and we can also use this if we need to raise further too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Sickbird, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

Today was the day for my scheduled engineer visit. The engineer called me this morning to say that he "has checked his side remotely and can confirm that they have been no disconnections at all over the past few weeks". He then said that it "had to be a WiFi issue". I explained that I have devices connected by ethernet to the router that have also been disconnecting. This fell on deaf ears and he insisted that ther have been no disconnections.

Frankly, the impression I got was that he simply could not be bothered.

Hi Sickbird, 

We're sorry to hear this. I think there may have been some confusion though. 

Checking with the engineer on what happened, they have advised they called in advance to make you aware they would be needing to disconnect your internet in order to run through some checks. As the time wasn't appropriate, they advised you'd need to make a new appointment where it would be convenient. 

If you are ready to book the appointment in, let me know and I can re-book this in for you 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

No, there has not been any confusion and it was exactly as I described.  Your engineer told me that the internet has not been disconnected and claimed that the problem could only have been caused by WIFI.

I really do not see the point of booking another engineer appointment if this is the approach that is taken when WIFI is not the issue.

Hi Sickbird,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I have had a look at things our end Today and cannot see any issues at all, everything is showing in the green, if you are still facing the same issue please let us know and we will arrange another visit for you, I have also notice the Router hasn't been rebooted since before the Technician was arranged, this is something that would need to be done?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul - I have rebooted it today and the disconnections have continued.