cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent Dropouts

chrisg931
Joining in

Hi,

We've been experiencing consistent drop outs over the last 3 weeks and with both of us working from home - it's not ideal. We've never had this problem before and we've been with VM for around 4 and a half years.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as we are running out of patience.

I called VM a couple of days ago and they told me that we needed to upgrade, which we did but the issue is still ongoing.

------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media
26 REPLIES 26

Quick update since the engineer came a week ago;

All he did was unscrew a metal "antenna" (his words) from the back of the router where the isolator cable is connected, all in all he was here about 10 minutes. There has been a slight improvement on the service but we are still experiencing drop outs during the day. 

You can see on BBQM that we are still experiencing issues - is there anything else that can be done at all?

Thank you for the update @chrisg931.

Are you able to reboot your hub since the changes made and can you repost your graph after 24hrs to see if service stabilises in this time. 

If the issue persists, we will look into further steps. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We've rebooted several times but as you can see, especially today - the issues are still ongoing.

Please let me know what can be done - we're both working from home and it's just not good enough unfortunately.

Can someone please come back to me on this?

Hi chrisg931, 

Thanks for coming back and apologies to hear that things still aren't resolved. 

Taking a look at things today, there is still an issue with prolonged signals. We can't resolve this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi chrisg931, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything further, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi chrisg931, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team