cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems in area 21

Ralph1973
Tuning in

Hi, I'm in London SE3 (area 21) and I my connection has been dropping this weekend. When I check online, the service status is showing as fine:

We can’t see any issues affecting SE3
but if I click further through to test my hub I get a different message which says that

Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services
There’s a broadband issue in your area and our technicians are on the case to fix things. Check back here at any time for updates.

Its been like this for over 24 hours now, so can someone from Virgin please explain to me why the initial service status is showing as being fine when there are problems in the area, and when this will be fixed? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The postcode checks are more detailed, and show up when wider areas are not affected.

There's no guarantee of continuous connection on Virginmedia, so unfortunately it's a question of waiting until they fix it.  If you lose the connection completely, you will be entitled to compensation after the first two days.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The postcode checks are more detailed, and show up when wider areas are not affected.

There's no guarantee of continuous connection on Virginmedia, so unfortunately it's a question of waiting until they fix it.  If you lose the connection completely, you will be entitled to compensation after the first two days.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Many thanks for the feedback 🙂

Hi Ralph1973,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the post, sorry to see you have been facing issues all Weekend and were unable to see any issues when checking the Post Code, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is an SNR  (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in the area, this is generally caused by a damaged or exposed cable making noise on the Network,.

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing, our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you ASAP, this was raised on 22/01/23 @ 14:25 and the estimated fix time is 30/01/22 @09:00, all fix times are estimated and may change, you can sign into your Online account and register for updates Via Email or Text.
Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, many thanks but when I sign into my account it's still telling me that there arent any issues in my postcode so I can't sign up for updates. Is it possible to get the website updated? Thanks again.

Hi Ralph1973, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I have looked into this for you and can see that there is a fault - F010412277  and this is estimated to be resolved on the 30th January, 

- Chris.