cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change package to VOLT but not had broadband speed increase?

Atomichobo
Dialled in

Recently negotiated an upgrade to VOLT with an o2 SIM card and virgin BB. 

I removed my landline as part of the package deal.

I have received the O2 sim, but not had my broadband speed boost. Any suggestions?

Do I have to wait for the existing contract to end?

20 REPLIES 20

All sorted now. Spoke to an advisor who redid my contract again and provided me with m500. That’s all I wanted. Funny how much effort it was. 

Thanks for updating us @Atomichobo and I'm glad that your issues have now been resolved but sorry for the time and effort that it has taken to resolve it.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi there, just wondering how you go about checking these configuration settings you managed to post? Just recently been changed to volt and had no increase on connection speed so far? 😟

Hi @2bobawerit,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Are you still waiting on your broadband speeds to increase as part of being eligible for Volt? If so, can you confirm when you opted in for Volt? It can take up to 14 days for the benefits to be applied.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hey there thanks for the reply, I opted in for volt on the 13th of April, So still a bit to go if it takes 14 days to activate. Although the email confirming these changes have stated they were made in may and will become active in may which is a bit odd? 

98D7D412-70D9-4468-AA30-F0853BFEBD97.png

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @2bobawerit,

Thanks for this information, if you applied for this on the 13th then please let us know how it goes by the 30th of April. As it can take up to 14 working days for the changes to take effect.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey there, just to update there has been no increase of internet speed so far and that being the 14 days past 😞

I called them directly, well, I think it ended up going via WhatsApp, but they sorted it out then and there. frustrating but sorted in the end. Might I suggest doing the same?

Yeah thinking that’s going to be the most efficient route to go, Il give it a try today. Thanks for the reply! 

Hi @2bobawerit, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you've not received your Volt related speed boost.  To offer clarification etc, I'd love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.  

Regards

Lee_R