cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change package to VOLT but not had broadband speed increase?

Atomichobo
Dialled in

Recently negotiated an upgrade to VOLT with an o2 SIM card and virgin BB. 

I removed my landline as part of the package deal.

I have received the O2 sim, but not had my broadband speed boost. Any suggestions?

Do I have to wait for the existing contract to end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM VOLT part of the upgrade takes 14 days to implement.  Also make sure the O2 and VM accounts are EXCATLY the same, names, addresses etc. or the upgrade may fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM VOLT part of the upgrade takes 14 days to implement.  Also make sure the O2 and VM accounts are EXCATLY the same, names, addresses etc. or the upgrade may fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ok thanks.

They guy who sorted it out seemed to know what he was doing and suggested the speed boost would be available straight away.

I'm happy to wait a bit and see what happens.

Hi @Atomichobo,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

Apologies for any confusion with the Volt package and benefits. The benefits are applied within 14 days after the Volt package begins or you've opted in to receive the benefits, assuming you're eligible. It's possible that you'll receive the O2 benefits before the Virgin Media benefits or vice versa, but they will both be applied within 14 days.

If the 14 days have passed and they're still yet to be applied for you, please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

It's now been 3 weeks and I have got my O2 benefits, but no changes to the VM account.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Atomichobo, thanks for the message. The Virgin Media change would come 14 days after it has been added, can you confirm when the volt change was done and what speed you are getting over the speed test? ^Chris

Thanks,

Is that 14 days from the contract changeover as that only happened a few days ago?
currently on 350-370down 36up. 

i do however already have the double data on my o2 sim.

I got a package change which involved moving my Virgin Mobile to O2 and a broadband upgrade from M350 to M500. Once the account change goes through and the new configuration file is sent to your hub you get the speed increase with no need to reboot it. I got M500 soon after getting off the phone.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

As I have 36mbps upload, does that suggest I have received the boost, but the limit in my area is 360/370mbps?

If you have 360/370Mbps then you're on M350. Your speeds are limited by the hub's configuration file not the area you're in (unless there is congestion or a fault). When you get your upgrade to M500 your config should look like this.

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-bbt053-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID191672