Menu
Highlighted
guilbert
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cant upgrade Broadband on VirginMedia

I am logged on to VirginMedia and I am trying to upgrade my Broadband.

Every time I try to click on the "upgrade" option or "my offers" option (in various places) I always get "Oops something went wrong"

This is the page giving the error

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/offers

0 Kudos
Notatech
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant upgrade Broadband on VirginMedia

I was upgraded and pay for 200Mbps.

It says this on my account page

Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online.

Just done a Speedtest.net and I am getting 38.6Mbps. What ever you are on now, you may want to stick with if the "upgrade" costs more.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant upgrade Broadband on VirginMedia

Don't bother with the VM web site, it is pants.  Phone VM up and select the options for "I'd like to change my package" or similar.  They're usually very helpful, although be aware you'll start a new 12 month contract lock in, and you will only be offered the currently tiered 50/100/200/350 Mbps speeds, so if you're on a 60, 70 or 150 Mbps legacy contract, that speed option will disappear forever.

Also, they don't appear to offer 350 broadband only upgrades online even when their web pages work - they try and push you to take a TV package as well, so that's another good reason to speak to the sales staff.  Incidentally, looking at the problems some people have had with 200 to 350 upgrades, I wouldn't touch the 350 offer, but that's just my view.

0 Kudos