cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't downgrade

Abzz707
Joining in

Hiya

I got a letter the other day about price increases, but it also says I can change or cancel my package before 10th April without any cancellation fees. 

However, in the 'change package' part of my account I can only upgrade, not downgrade. Does anyone know what to do? 

I can't find the messenger link either so can't contact them direct.

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You need to phone them up and negotiate.  The online "offers" page is a sad, tumbleweed strewn wasteland that rarely contains more than one or two unreasonably priced upgrade offers to entrap the unwary.

If you can't bear to deal with them on the phone, you can of course cancel by giving 30 days notice by recorded post - just make sure you've got a plan for a new ISP. 

They're saying on WhatsApp that I'm on the lowest speed available for my account?

Guess I'm going to have to halve my speed and go elsewhere! 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What speed are you on now? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

125mbps

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes that's the lowest standard rate, although there is the very reduced social connection.

Follow the suggestion above to phone in and negotiate. You might be surprised how much you can get off for an 18 month contract. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.