cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

Polly30
Joining in

Please help me, I’ve contacted virgin media on numerous occasions over the last year or do. I have terrible internet connections ranging from no internet to very slow internet. After phoning I am told the settings are incorrect, the router needs resetting etc over and over and over. How can I actually get this fixed 😡

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phoning VM's crap offshore support often results in disappointment, I'm afraid. 

Any more detail about whether problems are wireless or ethernet cable connected devices, what speed your connection is, what speeds you see, whether any particular uses are more affected than others?

Also would you try the following:  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.  This may show nothing, in which case there's other things we can look at, but it's a start.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Polly30 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your connection. 

Are you able to let me know if you are having issues with both wired and wireless issues? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M