cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade

Andy2610
On our wavelength

Just had an email saying that 1Gb broadband is available in my area.  No link on how to upgrade.  Login to account.  Get a page saying I need to use the chat.  No link to chat.  Try another route and get told to login to upgrade even though I'm already logged in.  Login again anyway.  Get told to use the chat.  Endless frustrating loop.  VM should start selling laptops because I'm at a point where I want to launch mine through the nearest window.

What maniac made it soooo hard for me to (probably) give you more money?

6 REPLIES 6

unfit
On our wavelength

Thanks dude caught in the same loop as you. Would take the upgrade but not for more wedge .

Andy2610
On our wavelength

It's unbelievable.  We just bought a house in Spain and it was an easier process than upgrading our broadband in the UK.

Plus... over there, tiny little town built a thousand years ago.  Fibre to the property.  100mb up and down - 17 euros a month.  You can get 200mb as well for a bit more but it's not worth it for us.  Give them a call, 2 or 3 days to get it all up and running.  I just don't understand how VM can get it so wrong.  Every. Single. Time.  I think the last upgrade took me about 4 hours of phoning, holding, being passed from person to person.  And I just wanted to go up to the next level as an existing customer.  It should be one or two clicks of the mouse to do this.

unfit
On our wavelength

Eventually got a conversation in chat with a person and not a bot. To go to 1G would be an initial increase in my package of £14 a month. There is probably a limit to how much bandwidth is needed...I probably am paying now too much for what I need or can use. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Andy2610,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've not had the best experience when trying to upgrade. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with package changes via the Forums but if you call our team on 0345 454 1111 they will be happy to help with this. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@unfit wrote:

Eventually got a conversation in chat with a person and not a bot. To go to 1G would be an initial increase in my package of £14 a month. There is probably a limit to how much bandwidth is needed...I probably am paying now too much for what I need or can use. 

You are absolutely correct.  It would be extremely difficult for an ordinary domestic user to fully utilise a 1Gb connection. 

I'm sure Virgin Media would like lots more customers to pay the extra cost for a 1Gb service that will be used no more than a 200Mb or 350Mb one.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I was quoted £35 upfront charge and an additional £30 on top of my £105 month bill for my existing ultimate oomph package which currently has 600mb broadband, not paying that far too expensive however if you are a new customer there is no additional charge for 1 gig if it's available. Another vm customer care own goal!