cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband spwed slow

SimonDC
On our wavelength

I'm sitting 3 feet away from my router, and my speed has been between 30 and 50mbps, supposed to be 200? Any answers at all please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would advise testing on a laptop/computer with a LAN cable connected directly to the router. WiFi speed tests can be somewhat hit and miss as your device could be connecting on the 2.4ghz band which limits the connection to the router to around 144mbps sometimes even less depending on the device (then a speed test would show a slower than this) 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wired or wireless ?  How are you testing ?  VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only wired to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SimonDC
On our wavelength

Testing on my mobile via the speedtest website and min speed is 107mbps according to my contract. 

Hi SimonDC,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with our internet services. Can we ask if you've been able to perform a speed test via a wired connection at all since your last post?

You can check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/slow-internet for further help and advice on improving your slow speed issues.

Remotely checking from our end, we cannot see any issues that would be causing your slow Wi-Fi speeds.

Can you let us know if you have had any improvement since your last post? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

I would advise testing on a laptop/computer with a LAN cable connected directly to the router. WiFi speed tests can be somewhat hit and miss as your device could be connecting on the 2.4ghz band which limits the connection to the router to around 144mbps sometimes even less depending on the device (then a speed test would show a slower than this) 

SimonDC
On our wavelength

Thanks, I will check once I get the chance 👍

Not a problem, reply here when you have the results and I'll try to help further if I can

Hi @SimonDC
Let us know if the advise that @s88urd has helped you. We can look to investigate this further if the issue is ongoing. 

(@s88urd Thank you! )

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

SimonDC
On our wavelength

Still hovering around the 50mbps, have my laptop right next to it, whether I do speedtest on laptop or on the phone 

SimonDC
On our wavelength

Still slow.... a week or so now....right beside the router

Screenshot_20220328-151212_Edge.jpg