cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds

chs117
On our wavelength

The speeds that I am getting are truly awful and don’t represent the amount that I am paying. I have changed nothing in my system and run all the tests. I have screenshots to show how poor the service is. Any idea what I should do next? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but not sure what you mean 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

@chs117 wrote:

The speeds that I am getting are truly awful and don’t represent the amount that I am paying. I have changed nothing in my system and run all the tests. I have screenshots to show how poor the service is. Any idea what I should do next? 

Follow other thread guidelines and post your HUB stats.

Sorry but not sure what you mean 

Hi, thank you for posting! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with speed. 

I have had a look on our systems but sadly as your hub is in Modem mode I have been unable to retrieve speed information to offer further support. I have been able to identify multiple upstream signal level issues and one downstream signal level issue, which will require a technicians appointment to fix. I will send you a PM to confirm some details so we are able to get this booked in for you asap. 

All the best

Molly

chs117
On our wavelength

Thanks so much . Do you want me to send you Speedtest results 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.100.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

chs117
On our wavelength

F9D13D3C-E1DE-4A23-A8FB-929890FB8AA4.png

82C03734-6ED2-4D1B-B1B2-0A0EC6C541D6.png

19DA4C56-733C-489E-B6BA-7ADF2B4C9A28.png

0F1C028A-5E39-46E5-A1FD-2DD44340B862.png

277089A9-81EC-44AE-A858-3DED674B67EF.png

chs117
On our wavelength

633B7919-EC9E-415C-A581-D105CAC93EE7.png

Hi All, just to update the thread. 

Thank you to @chs117 for PM'ing with me. An appointment has now been booked to resolve the issues. 

You can view and manage appointments via your My Virgin media app. and account.  

Please let us know how you are getting on following the appointment, so we can offer further support if needed. I hope it goes well! All the best. 

Molly

chs117
On our wavelength

Molly engineer changed Hub 3 and speeds now back to normal. Whist he was here he noticed synch problems with sound and video on tv and said that the was a special engineer who could help with the problem and would get him to sort it. I haven’t heard about this and wondered how I could follow it up.