cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds backwards

lesliehedley
Just joined

I have had my router moved from one room to another by a virgin technician. He also checked and fixed the speed of the internet which was slow before his visit. I am on a M350 package, but now when I do a broadband speed check I am getting download speeds of 40 to 50 Mb/s which is slow, but my upload speeds are 400+ to 500 Mb/s. Is it possible that in moving the equipment he has reversed the upload and download channels or what ever they are called?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be a wonderful thing if VM could achieve such upload speeds with their old infrastructure. 

Are you able to try alternative speed test sites eg Ookla, Which?, Broadbandspeedchecker, Etc? Share a screenshot or two if you can replicate across two or more test sites. 

lesliehedley_0-1654696477442.png

lesliehedley_1-1654696557165.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Test speeds at...

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

- try on 2 different browsers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.