Menu
MauriceGreenham
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

I have recently experienced a significant drop in broadband speed...that made watching a film impossible. Has anyone else had similar problems. I am on VIVID 100 Optical Fibre

Many thanks

Maurice

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

You dont say whether the connections are over wifi or ethernet cable? In any case, if you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you need to do this first.
Make sure your device has a gigabit network card with up to date drivers. Use a new Cat6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Then boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download (e.g. Opera?).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MauriceGreenham
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice

Maurice

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The gigabit ethernet adapter will neither be here or there with a 100Mbps connection, but worth bearing in mind if you upgrade.,

Posting some basic diagnostic info may help if you are experiencing poor speeds on a wired connection.

Navigate to the hub's GUI using http://192.168.0.1
Don't log in, click the Router Status button .
Copy \ Paste the Downstream, Upstream, and Network Logs.

Don't worry about the formatting, but do obscure personal information like your WAN IP address.

MauriceGreenham
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alessandro...I’ve found a suitable Ethernet cable...which seems to have resolved the problem 

Maurice

0 Kudos