cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Sielliott
Tuning in

I have very slow broadband speed which is at about 20 to 40 meg but I am on the 1 gig package. I had it installed on Thursday the 2nd and got 1 gig for about an hour then it dropped off. I had an engineer out yesterday 9th and he has replaced all wiring from curb side and the router, still no better so he has requested that the main line be replaced which will be Friday 24th. I started intermittently getting 1 gig again yesterday evening but it fell off again. Interestingly I am getting great upload speeds. If I restart the hub I get 1 gig for maybe 5 mins then drops off again. This leads me to believe there is a fault at the cabinet not the cable. My worry is I have to wait 2 weeks for a new cable to  find out that it doesn’t fix the problem and I then have to wait even longer. I believe the problem maybe at the cabinet or even further back. I moved to virgin from sky/bt due to them taking so long to fix problems.

3 REPLIES 3

Sielliott
Tuning in

I have very slow broadband speed which is at about 20 to 40 meg but I am on the 1 gig package. I had it installed on Thursday the 2nd and got 1 gig for about an hour then it dropped off. I had an engineer out yesterday 9th and he has replaced all wiring from curb side and the router, still no better so he has requested that the main line be replaced which will be Friday 24th. I started intermittently getting 1 gig again yesterday evening but it fell off again. Interestingly I am getting great upload speeds. If I restart the hub I get 1 gig for maybe 5 mins then drops off again. This leads me to believe there is a fault at the cabinet not the cable. My worry is I have to wait 2 weeks for a new cable to  find out that it doesn’t fix the problem and I then have to wait even longer. I believe the problem maybe at the cabinet or even further back. I moved to virgin from sky/bt due to them taking so long to fix problems.

Client62
Legend

Share the results of the speed tests please.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sielliott

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your speeds.

I've had a remote check and the power/signal levels look fine, how has your connection been over the weekend?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs