cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Patricia161
Tuning in
  • Have upgraded package to 350mb download but only getting 80mb download on my iPad how do you get engineer out as every time I phone we go through same procedures and nothing gets better 
9 REPLIES 9

Richw1982
Rising star

Hi,

-  Try a pinhole reset to force any updates.  Press and hold reset button on back for 15 seconds then release for 5.  Repeat this 3 times and wait 10 mins for it to load back up.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal

1)  Make sure 2.4 and 5 are enabled.

2)  Scroll to bottom and disable smart Wi-Fi.

3)  Select 20 on 2.4GHz

4)  Select 20/40/80 on 5GHz.

Save settings.

(Wi-Fi will drop out and then re-connect)

Re-enable smart Wi-Fi and save settings again.

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

If I do this will I have to put password in again for all my devices

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Patricia161 wrote:

If I do this will I have to put password in again for all my devices

No, only if you change the passwords on the wifi.  Also VM will only accept speed tests via a wired connection direct to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply speeds are up now so everything sorted

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Tell us who and what sorted it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It just sorted itself maybe it needed 36hours from when upgrade went through 

@Patricia161 unfortunately, no once the upgraded config is sent to the hub and it reboot, then the speed change happens immediately, there's no 'settling down' time. This is actually a worry since it hints towards you either having an intermittent connectivity issue or possibly they didn't actually bother to upgrade you for a day. I'll tend towards the former, so keep a check on your connection and come back if you have problems in the future.

Patricia161
Tuning in

Speed seem to sort itself and still working at moment so hopefully no more problem Thanks everyone who tried to help

Thanks for coming back to us @Patricia161, I'm glad that your speed issues have been sorted.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,

Steven_L