cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed slow

chrishopppi
Tuning in

Hi, Anyone have any suggestions for what to do; my internet in London is being super slow. 5-15MB download, 0.08-1.5MB upload. Tried everything Virgin recommended, and their diagnostics says it's fine. Any help from experts welcome. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

14620000038.5512064 qam8
23940000039.8512064 qam9
35370000039.3512064 qam7
46030000041.8512064 qam6

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0000
4ATDMA0010

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for doing that. I know it's a lot of mouse work!

To my eyes the stats are actually broadly okay. Quite a wide range of downstream power levels but they are all in spec. A handful of T3 timeouts in the errors but not a huge issue.

Maybe try setting up a BQM by visiting https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality. It monitors your connection over time and tells you how to safely share it on here.

I'd still call in those awful speeds on 0345 454 1111. 

Thanks very much for your help. I'll try to get VM to do something more to help. I agree, it's apalling. I need to upload photos and videos, and it takes hours for 1GB!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last one from me. Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub with no ethernet connection. 

Best of luck. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrishopppi,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our forums. Before I begin, thank you so much for working with @Anonymous to try and identify and fix the issues you're experiencing.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your speed I've ran some checks on my end and it does appear that there some issues being identified on your equipment/network that could be causing this. So I can assist you further, I'm going to pop you a PM, please look out for it in the top-right of our Forums in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ