cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed and jitter

paulgills
Joining in

I have had the 1gb broadband for 5 weeks and get really high jitter. Ping is okay but slow internet speed considering we are on the 1gb package. Can someone help me please

20 REPLIES 20

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post your power levels and network log.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Absolutely a beginner here. Can you advise how I post my power levels and network log. Thank you

Can you help me with how to post power levels and network log. I thought no I've setup the bqm. Thank you

Hope this is all correct as wasn't sure

Screenshot_20220303-212215.png

Screenshot_20220303-212204.png

Screenshot_20220303-212341.png

Screenshot_20220303-212351.png

Screenshot_20220303-212403.png

Screenshot_20220303-212409.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4fdc15eea852f48549d532da1fcec22186e3dce7-04-03-2022

paulgills_0-1646378771466.png

paulgills
Joining in

Can anyone check out my replies please 

Hi @paulgills,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with ping and slow speeds. We want to do our best to help from here.

I have been able to take a look at things backend and I can see that your downstream power levels are out of sync. In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Yes @paulgills, the engineer will know what he has been sent for as I have made notes on the account as well as on the work order.

Please do let us know the appointment goes and if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thank you for getting back to me and the engineer did come out and swap my hub 4 as he couldn't see what else would be causing the problem. he couldn't see nay problems with the power levels being out of sync but has kept in touch with me and is asking questions. i am receiving less than 50% and my last speed check was only 346mbps so he wasn't happy to leave it like than. any help from your end would be gratefully appreciated. thank you so much