cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed and cancelling contract.

belykoral
Joining in

I've been with virgin media for the past 7 - 8 years if not more.

I started out with 50mb broadband over the course of a few years it went up to a 100mb then to 150mb their reason was that they no longer do 50mb broadband.

The last year (2020) they then said 200mb was all they do so I started a contract with that.

Since October - November last year I've been getting really bad speeds all day ranging from 5mbs to 60 - 70 mbs it stopped for a week or so and my speeds was fine then lockdown started and my speeds have gone down alot again. I thought nothing of it as everyone would be at home etc.

Only recently I started to get frustrated because nothing loads in my home, being Facebook or YouTube videos even the comment section of videos.

In my contract my broadband package is supposed to average 200mb fibre and all that, I have unlimited downloads, and its supposed to support atleast 10+ devices.

Theirs literally between 3- 5 devices hooked up to my broadband at any time one being some type of amazon USB Service and the rest are phones and a ps4.

I've started to research on what or how I should go about complaining to virgin media because everytime I phone them they reset my router through their computer and say that should do it then the next morning its back to square one again.

Can anyone help me or give advice on who I should contact or complain to?

I've read that I should get proof of my speeds. the past 4 days I started doing this and I have the pictures in my phone.

I used speedtest.net to test the speeds which virgin media customer service also told me I should use when I need to test my speeds.

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @belykoral 

You should post your router stats here for the learned members to check what the problem is and offer assistance.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali