Menu
Gemgem88
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband slow

I upgraded from 200mb to 350mb yesterday but since activating the new hub my speed has dropped to a mex of 50mb?? 

What can i do to get it right??

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband slow

@Gemgem88 wrote:

I upgraded from 200mb to 350mb yesterday but since activating the new hub my speed has dropped to a mex of 50mb??

I assume you now have the Hub3 and it replaced an older SH1/2/2ac ?  If so - did you self install or was it put in for you ?  If by a technician - did s/he demonstrate everything was working at the right speeds before s/he left ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gemgem88
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I self installed it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Gemgem88 wrote:

I self installed it.

OK - Check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!).  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

If that’s all good.... post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before if not login to change password and save and log out] click on the “router status” icon text at bottom middle of first page up  and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream, &  network logs.  Don't worry to much about the formatting it can be easily read,& don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gemgem88
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive checked cables there ok and im not sure how to blank out things on copy n paste but on network log it has rcs partial service and sync timing synchronization failure about 10 times each.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GemGem88, welcome to the community.

I have ran a search but unfortunately been unable to locate your account to do some checks. 

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted.

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos