cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband service has hit a new low

rcrismale
Tuning in

4747F4A2-028C-4476-ACA4-1CEF661B98A8.png

 my broadband has been horrendous for the last few days. I called to find out what the issue was and I was told I would still have intermittent outages. However, I’ve hardly had any service full stop. It hit an all time low not long ago. I pay for 350 mbps speed, but I have been chugging around 280-300 kbps. Are we back on dial-up?

23 REPLIES 23

The service is out again, per MyVirginMedia app so I’ll let you know when the service comes back up. I was going to test it since I noticed a dip In performance. However, I am struggling to understand why my Nest Wifi app is not what was asked for. My virgin box is in modem mode and my Nest Wifi is attached to it by an Ethernet cord. The nest Wifi app has a bit to check the speed of the wifi. It seems that it is therefore a conduit to measure the speed and would do the same thing as plugging my MacBook directly and running a test on the Speedtest.net site.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Hello rcrismale

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced with your broadband connection, from looking into this further I can confirm there is currently an SNR area issue under reference F009317147  with an estimated fix date of today (1st October) at 16:00.

Rob