cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband no different

Kevdop
Tuning in

Hi, we finally got our Virgin/O2 deal sorted and have set up  a new Wifi hub that was sent to us to handle the doubling of our speed 1gb! 
Set it all up and swapped out the old hub with the new one we where sent to use, and there is no difference to our broadband speed from before! 500mb. 
it's no different whatsoever, feel like we have been sold an upgrade that is not going to happen.  We have been a customer for over 25 odd years, when it was Telewest.  Could we get a speed boost please that was promised with the new Hub? Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kevdop,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the speeds you're receiving following a speed increase. As I can see has been advised earlier in this thread by members of our community, it is correct that the speeds you're agreeing to and the minimum guaranteed download speeds based off of the speed tier you take out is based on a wired connection only, not a wireless/Wi-Fi connection. You can find more information here regarding broadband speeds.

I can see that you've mentioned that a Wi-Fi Booster is being sent, which should certainly help with increasing the range of the Wi-Fi signal and its strength in certain areas of the home.

If you're continuing to receive speeds that you're unhappy with then please let us know as we're keen to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!