cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Bri-Murph-Rock
Joining in

Hi

is anyone having issues with there broadband in the Medway area, on 600mb and it keeps dropping out to not working for a few minutes then back on but getting between 20mb to 100mm, it’s all over the place —- done the norm and reset everything as you do , driving me nuts ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK - next check is to rule out the ASUS.

COnnect a laptop to the hub - still in modem mode and run a speed test!

Let's see what the hub is sending!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

lotharmat
Community elder
The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

Thanks done that and it’s stating no issues 

regards

Ok - is it only happening on WiFi or ethernet too?

Hi thanks for responding , just done another  Ethernet speed test and running slightly quicker 150mb still around a 100mb on wireless though , my set up is I use hub 3 as modem and run a ASUS RT-AX86u.   Prior to around 10 days ago I would get 500-600 mb over wireless.   Now it’s all over the place , from a 100 to 20 ? 

OK - next check is to rule out the ASUS.

COnnect a laptop to the hub - still in modem mode and run a speed test!

Let's see what the hub is sending!

Ahead of you done that and was the same , I have just done another full reset of the Hub and it is back to normal running 500-600mb wireless (through ASUS).  This happened before then fell back down to 100mb or less.. I will keep you posted and see how this goes but hopefully may be sorted 🤞

Many thanks for the response really appreciated 

cheers

No worries:

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem that is causing the drop!
Navigate to http://192.168.100.1
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!