cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues again

martyp
Superfast

Hi all,

I reported my connection going down last November and when I called the status line and did checks it said there were issues. Having some issues again now accessing different websites so ran a speed test and got a decent download of 250+ as expected but 0.5 upload. The app said there were issues in the area and the 0800 status line said the same as before that I was still having intermittent issues and they were really complex to fix so taking some time. Is this all part of the same complex issue as I was told by an agent the issue had lasted a couple of months?

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you monitor the connection on a BQM and then post it here for comments...

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, here it is:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/712413d3299cd49c8f93aa1094f02cb854c90c0c

I took the power out of the hub for about 10 minutes at 18:45hrs. Found out there is an issue in the area apparently but customer service are now closed.

I think the internet is totally off now as also can't see recorded shows in folders on the V6 box either. I'm posting this using my phone on 4G 

Sorry would probably help enabling ICMP ping responses on WAN on the router. Just done that

Think we're back in business by the looks of it:

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/9038060630

Hi martyp

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues.

We're aware of an SNR fault in your area (signal to noise ratio). 

F010444178 is the fault reference and the estimated fix date is tomorrow.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John, seems to be all ok again now.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martyp 

Thanks for your response

Great to hear this is now looking ok. Be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs