cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband is shocking

wozza212
Joining in

Hello 

right since we have been a virgin media customer for about 5 years now and all we do is have problems with our internet. It’s either slow and keeps dropping out. Now with all the money we spend a month with virgin you think that they could provide a us with decent quality broadband. We are getting sick of it now and I think this will be last time we use virgin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wozza212 wrote:

Hello 

right since we have been a virgin media customer for about 5 years now and all we do is have problems with our internet. It’s either slow and keeps dropping out.

Firstly... can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?  What package are you on ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Zaw1998
Joining in

Hello 

right since we have been a virgin media customer for about 5 years now and all we do is have problems with our internet. It’s either slow and keeps dropping out. Now with all the money we spend a month with virgin you think that they could provide a us with decent quality broadband. We are getting sick of it now and I think this will be last time we use virgin 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wozza212 wrote:

Hello 

right since we have been a virgin media customer for about 5 years now and all we do is have problems with our internet. It’s either slow and keeps dropping out.

Firstly... can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?  What package are you on ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.