cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and TV DOWN in TW12

horsetowater
On our wavelength

No service all day. Usual rubbish statement from Virgin “An engineer is on his way” unchanged for 10 hours. No updates provided despite registering for them. 

solve date / time now pushed back to tomorrow. Tried the chat (didn’t fancy hanging on the phone for 20 mins), went through the bot to a person in the Indian call Center who, after reading script #3 promised to put me through to the fault team who could confirm what the issue was and how to resolve it. 

was put through to a chat bot for the fault team that just referred me to the service status page and automatically closed the chat window. 

quite how Virgin expect to retain customers with their awful lack of information, poor customer service and too frequent outages at a time when so many of us work from home is quite beyond me.

looking at more reliable and less expensive alternatives. 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi horsetowater,

If nothing is showing  in the Check Service Status at the top of the page you could also try the  Service Status number on   0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @horsetowater

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear your service has been affected by an area fault, and that you've had trouble getting in touch with us regarding this. This is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

How are things since posting? Has the area issue now been resolved? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

That issue was finally resolved, no explanation as to what the problem was or why it took so long to resolve of course . 

we are now on day 2 of ANOTHER total blackout. The service we receive is awful, and it looks like virgin are the worst in terms of broadband reliability of any large provider. 

Hi @horsetowater

My apologies for the inconvenience although i'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved, our complaints code of practice can be found here if you'd like to express your dissatisfaction. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs