Menu
xandrut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Broadband VIVID 200 Optical Fibre Struggling the last 2 months.

Hi Guys.

I am not here to moan but wondering if anyone else has had this issue before I phone Virgin.

I have been with first Ntl then Virgin for 16 years as there service and broadband has been great but I have a new neighbour move in and as soon as he did my Broadband speed never goes over 62.6 Mbps download stream and it used to be around 145 Mbps when I was on VIVID 150 Optical Fibre but when he is out  it seems to be faster.

Do you think my next door neighbour is using Virgin too and the bandwidth is now split when he is in and I mean he is subscribed and using Virgin legally.

I am currently on VIVID 200 Optical Fibre and the speed still struggles to get over  62.6 Mbps download speed most of the day is this to over subscription do you reckon.

I am connected via wired and my Wifi signal does not fair better and I even connect my RJ 45 wired connection to another computer but same speed issue which is slow.

below is some screenshots of my Router Status.

Cheers Guys/Gals

Operation Config.JPG

Network Status.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband VIVID 200 Optical Fibre Struggling the last 2 months.

Hi there xandrut,

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced.

I've located your account and I'm unable to detect any active faults relating to this at the moment.

Let us know if you continue to experience any trouble,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
xandrut
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My speeds have dramatically fell off in the last 2 months and once in a blue moon I may get over 150 MB/s but 90% of the time I get around 60 MB/s image of speed test attached.

I have rebooted the Router.

I have installed a separate network card

I have tried on another laptop

I have turned the wifi off and only tried wired connection.

I have the the Virgin Media Super Hub 2.

I have change the security on my router.

Regards 

Capture.PNG

xandrut
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My broadband has now completely gone just a flashing green arrow on my router.
I have reset it and unplugged it but the same.
I have left it on in case you want to do a test
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Morning xandrut,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you are still having an issue with your connection.

With the loss of service, I can see you called through to us and arranged an engineer appointment to check this over.

Is the internet now working ok for you? Have you noticed an improvement with the speeds at all?

If not, can you complete a speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hagu
Just joined
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This is my premade txt file as i am extremely tired to write to Virgin about it...

Hi. Let's make it quick. Yes, I am account owner. Yes i would like to make a complain again. I am on vivid 200 gamer. Paying for fastest available download speed for home user in UK and no restrictions to connection during peak hours. NOT receiving anything except internet connection itself. So basically Virgin is taking money for something they are not providing. My usual daily speed are between 6 and 80mb's and description on vivid 200 is promising something else. Even quicker to the point. No my main from router is not wifi. Main PC is on cable. No, not going to do factory reset on router i've rebooted it today and many times before. Fault is in Virgin's faulty or overpopulated DNS, faulty router or i don't really care. I would like my connection fixed, or to have a refund of money that i'm paying for something that i'm not receiving or lower bill until it's fixed.

xandrut
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

No change in speed as below and I have tested on a few Broadband speed sites but all come up the same.

Occasionally on the odd occasion I may get 95-110 Mb/s but that is very rare.

Capture.PNG

Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hiya xandrut,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the speed test you completed was that through modem mode? Can you post a speed test result using speedtest.net, making sure it selects the default server please?

Have you achieved 200 Mbps before on your devices? Does your PC/laptop have a gigabit LAN card?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
firstrebel
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have just received my VIVID200 box and I see little difference with download from my previous set up with SuperFibre 50. Long way to go to achieve the promised and advertised speed. This is with speedtest.net.

vivid200.jpg

firstrebel
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Some improvement....

vivid200.jpg

0 Kudos