cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Stats - Don't add up?!?

johnnybb2000
On our wavelength

I have gone to the trouble of measuring my new 1000mbps broadband over 3.5months and it simply don't add up. Does anyone know my rights?

I have an Excel spreadsheet which shows from November 2021 - Feb 2022; with no speeds over 700mbps:

http://gofile.me/4VAFS/rF9wYWtuN

Doesn't seem I can upload file but, I will try to add screenshots too:

johnnybb2000_1-1644885922437.png

johnnybb2000_0-1644885861177.png

Jan and Feb are pretty much the same.

Anyone know my rights on this?

Thanks.

JB

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly you need to use https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/ to see if it's a VM issue or your own setup

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also how are you testing?  It needs to be a direct wired connection to the Hub with a known Cat 6a cable.   VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

Please setup and share a BQM to monitor and record your circuit.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also your power levels and network log.   Once done we can comment, thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, along with others. To answer your questions, the chart shows 3 collums/bars. The best performing colour is a 1mtr long CAT6 Ethernet. I also got the same performance with a CAT5e I tested to ensure it wasn't a very unlikely issue with my cable.

The other two columns in the graph is via WiFi, in two specific locations in my home. One is stood right over the Superhub and one in another room. (I am very sure I have explained this in my original post?)

I am not using software to log my broadband, I am using a laptop, with Speed test.net connecting to a Responding server less than 7miles from my house.

I will download the very much appreciated links to logging software and let you know results in a couple of days.

Thanks very much for all input 

John

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wifi speed tests are irrelevant as VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.  Also a direct wired speed test to www.samknows.com/realspeed is required as the SamKnows client is built into the Hub's firmware.

The BQM will record and monitor your circuit and is an excellent tool for diagnostics.

Also post your current power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log please.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks