cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed

Dalg
Joining in

I have been having slow broadband now for 12 days. I reported it and after 1week received a text telling me it was fixed this lasted 2 days and it dropped back down again I am paying for 600mhz and only getting between 20&45 webchat and customer service have been useless when I have been able to get through. Can anyone help

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check whether it has actually been resolved.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have tried testing the speed several times. Service status just keeps telling me to monitor the speed 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dalg

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing slow speeds, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

After running some diagnostics for you, I can see there is an issue impacting your service levels that will require a technician. 

I can see this has already been booked in for you by a member of the team which is great news 🙂 

Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The tech came on Friday and sorted the broadband speed out. He had to redo the cable outside my house. I am now waiting for someone to come and bury the cables back in the ground. He said he would let me know later on Friday when they would come to do this but I have not heard yet

Hi @Dalg

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see you've spoke to the team regarding this since posting and we've given you the date.

This visit can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill