Can you please rectify.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Speed slow

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you need to do this first.
Make sure your device has a gigabit network card with up to date drivers. Use a new Cat6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Then boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download (e.g. Opera?).  If that is still around 80mbps then you need VM to check the Hub and connection for problems.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MerlinUK69
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed slow

I've pretty much done everything you said in your email.

I'm a retired computer programmer so I guessed you would ask these things. I've tried it plugged just into my laptop using a cat6 cable and got the same results.

Ah.

I've just done another speed test before replying to this and guess what?

It's back up to speed. I assume you've repaired my problem

Thank you.

:-)

0 Kudos