Menu
pauly217
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed of 1mbs

I'm paying £90 a month (including line rental) for a broadband download speed of 70mbs and actually getting 1-2 mbs in the evening in CR2 postcode, which destroys all Virgin claims about broadband speed. Even its official comparison page admits all rivals are faster.

Very hacked off by this, as internet service is useless for most of the day. Was offered a paltry £6 compensation. Now thinking of switching to Sky!

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed of 1mbs

Have you talked to CS about it, it'll take around 1-2 weeks for a member of virgin staff to get to this thread.

In the meantime are these speeds wired or via Wifi, and if via Wifi what are your wired speeds.

Do you get better speeds during the day or do you get these speeds at all times?

0 Kudos
pauly217
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Long conversations with Technical and Customer Services last night in which both said nothing they could do!

Told to call again in a week, but no real hope that they care.

Hours spent on hold listening to unpleasant music

Happy to take customers money (lost count of recent price rises), but not to provide a useable service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pauly217,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004886923). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 26th April 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

pauly217
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Not impressed by this. The problem has existed since at least November 2016 and you're telling me its going to take another 2 months to fix?

Meanwhile I'm paying £90 a month (inc line rental) for broadband which is at a 1mbs stone age speed in the evenings, meaning all my streaming subscriptions are useless.

Please get customer services to contact me to sort this

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That isn't a fix date, it's a review date. Some work may be done during it, that could be further planning / filing planning permission with the local council to do build work / other minor things. Given what is seen in the community, the turn around on a contention is fault is roughly 1 to 2 years.

Customer services cannot resolve the contention issue. Also, call backs cannot be requested via the community, so if you want to talk to customer services pick up your phone and ring 150.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
pauly217
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is appalling treatment. I've been a customer for nearly 20 years and I refuse to sit on hold for hours listening to awful music waiting to speak to customer services.

Phoning sky to see if anyone can provide a broadband service in this country
0 Kudos
pauly217
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speed dropped to 0.25 mbps at 6pm yesterday. Waiting for a callback from someone senior at VM customer services, but not hopeful

0 Kudos
timster0206
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oof.
0 Kudos