cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed dropped dramatically

SteveP52
Joining in

I have TV, Lineline and Broardband M350. Last Friday 26/11/2021 the Broardband just crashed. I checked the area service status and there was an issue. The Broardband band is now back the same day. BUT limping along at a very reduced speed. Used all the virgin suggestions and apps to check the router and house black spots all passed. I can only conclude the issue is external from the Virgin network. Who can check this. I cannot find a number to talk to someone to investigate? I still have an issue and because both myself and my wife work from home have a slow Broadband connection is not acceptable. We may need to look away from Virgin for a more reliable speed.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveP52 wrote:

<snip>   I still have an issue and because both myself and my wife work from home have a slow Broadband connection is not acceptable. We may need to look away from Virgin for a more reliable speed.

VM do not have any SLA's on residential contracts.  If work is important I would suggest you get a backup, perhaps a 4G router?   Also VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, but will provide wifi extender Pods, to either rent or free depending on your Contract.

However, can you post your power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and Network log from your Hub?  Just copy and paste the information here.

It would also help if you setup a BQM here  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment on your circuit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So in if I pay for a 350 broadband package with VM and I'm getting between 20 and 55mbps then just accepted it???

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveP52 wrote:

So in if I pay for a 350 broadband package with VM and I'm getting between 20 and 55mbps then just accepted it???

No, I was just pointing out if you really need an uninterrupted broadband to work from home, you should have a backup.

For troubleshooting, can you post your power levels and network log from the Hub.  Also setup a BQM here  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also note VM will only recognise wired speed tests, between a gigabit device connected directly to the Hub with a known good Cat 6 cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi SteveP52,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you aren't getting your expected speeds, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues, it does look like you may have a WIFI issue, can you try running our Connect App, with this you can diagnose and fix most WIFI issues?

Regards

Paul.