cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Speed Lock - Channels

JDBarnes761
Tuning in

Hi All,

Any one can help with the Speed issue i am having with my Broadband, I am getting Locked Channels on my router and the Customer Services doesn't help one bit

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 10.23.40.pngScreenshot 2022-06-06 at 10.23.33.pngScreenshot 2022-06-06 at 10.23.09.png

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

that looks ok afaik - looks like a hub3 so cannot check everything - why do you think thats a problem

post the upstream settings

and what problem do you have - speed? - wird or wifi - always test with a wired connection

Tony.
Sacked VIP

gitty
Fibre optic
"Locked" is good. It means the channel has been assigned to the modem and is working. 🙂

Both Wifi and Wired and i have the Wifi Pods in but it seems that the router keeps losing the connection and i am not sure if it is something to do with the 4db adapter on my router.

I also get an issue with the router saying there is a problem with the wifi but not sure what is happening with it, this is from the network diagnostics tool 

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 11.14.47.png

Thats fine, thanks you for clearing that pair up but having the issues everyday where i need to reset the router but I am in two minds to buy a Gaming Router to replace this one

Could this also be because of the router being the Super Hub 3 and not the Hub 4 or 5

@JDBarnes761 wrote:
Could this also be because of the router being the Super Hub 3 and not the Hub 4 or 5

upstream is fine - the attenuator should make no difference to the stability of the line 

nothing wrong with the hub3 against the 4 - the 5 is still in test mode - soft release VM call it or something like that- no idea what that means but its a long way from the finished article

if you are getting slow speeds and drops on wired then adding a 3rd party router is unlikely to solve that as its would suggest a line fault - set up a BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

leave it 24 hours to populate and post a link

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @JDBarnes761,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the service. All checks have been done this end and no issues found. 

How have things been since posting?

If no change, please do set up a BQM as suggested by Tony. This will continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. We advise to keep it running for around 24-48 hours to gather enough data. You can then post a link to your live BQM on this thread and we can check for any disconnections or drop out you advise you're experiencing. 
Many thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs