Menu
Gunth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed Issues

Since I changed my package to keep a good deal on the price back in July 2018 I have never had anywhere near the advertised speed of 200Mbps. The package was switched from Vivid 200 Gamer to Vivid 200 Optical Fibre.

Today I have carried out several speed tests and I'm not happy to see that I'm not even receiving half of the advertised speed. As you can see from the image below.

[Mod edit - image removed as contains IP address]

I have reset the router that I use (Netgear Nighthawk R7000) and the Virgin Media Hub but still no improvement. I don't use WiFi so it's not a WiFi issue. All cabling is Cat6 between all devices.

Below are the Status, Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs from the Virgin Media Hub.

Router Status.PNGStatusDownstream 1.PNGDownstreamDownstream 2.PNGDownstreamDownstream 3.PNGDownstreamDownstream 4.PNGDownstreamDownstream 5.PNGDownstreamUpstream.PNGUpstreamUpstream 1.PNGUpstream

0 Kudos
Gunth
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed Issues

Please can I get some assistance with this. It's still the same after.
0 Kudos
Gunth
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still no response and still having issues.

[Mod edit - image removed as contains IP address]

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Best to blank out your ip address on the screenshots. I am no expert but perhaps someone else might comment. You have some postRS errors on Downstream channel 21. To see if these are "historical" go in and reset the counters and restart the Hub. Take a look in there again in a few hours or tomorrow and see if they are still occurring.
Dumb question - when you were on the previous 200 package, were you getting those kinds of speeds? What device are you using for the speedtest, and do you have any powerline adapters in the loop?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A heads up, VM take about a week to respond to posts from your last post, so bumping your thread will put you at the back of the queue again.

The stats look fine a few  RCS partial mode errors but they are sporadic and not should cause constant speed loss.

Are you testing with a device with a Gigabit Ethernet port directly to the router?
Have you tried another ethernet cable as they can go bad (just needs confirming)
Are there any active QoS rules set on the Router?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gunth,

I've just checked your connection and can see there is a contention issue in your area under ticket F005851979. This will cause slow speeds at peak times such as evenings and is due for review 27/03/19.

This fault wouldn't cap your speeds to a max of around 97 like your speed tests are showing. I'd suggest doing as Griffin suggests and checking you have a Gigabit ethernet cable and network card as anything less will cap your speeds to 100mb or so. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos