Menu
Highlighted
DELBOY52
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed EXTREMELY SLOW

During the last week I have been experiencing EXTREMELY SLOW speeds with my 'so called'  200Mbps Broadband connection.  This has been as slow as 7.5 Mbps, as checked on 11th January.  I have found, however, that different Speed Checkers will give out completely different figures. And this is even on a Cabled connection.

In fact my Download Speed at times has been SO SLOW that I cannot even connect to the Virgin Media site.  I have switched off the Router, and have also reset it several times.  I have checked the Service Status each day, and this at first showed that there was no Broadband problem. After a couple of days the Status showed a problem which would be fixed within the next 10 - 15 minutes. Of course, when I checked later, I was unable to reconnect to the site, due to the SLOW SPEED.  Now , tonight, the Status shows that a problem will not be fixed until 16.00 pm tomorrow.

This has also happen several timed in the past, and I find that this performance is unacceptable. As such, I paying the Top price for a Service that is not fit for purpose. And therefore consider that a refund of charges should be made.  Is it possible to view a screen which will show the Broadband Speeds that I have been receiving in a daily basis ?

I will be phoning 150 again, but in the meantime, surely Virgin Media should be constantly monitoring the Broadband Speeds that are actually being transmitted/transfered to each area.  It is extremely annoying to find that my  computer is so slow that, at times. I cannot look at emails, log onto various sites, or even complete an online transaction.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed EXTREMELY SLOW

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused DELBOY52,

I've located your account and everything appears to be within range and without any active fault tickets relating to this at the moment.

Have things since improved for you at all?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
DELBOY52
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed EXTREMELY SLOW

Hello Nat.  Thank you for your reply.  The speed did increase after the known fault had been repaired, I actually got up to 96 Mbps at one time !!  But soon afterwards, within in a day it had slowed up again.

In actual fact, The Internet connection was lost at about Midnight on Wednesday, and must have been down for at least 6 Hours or so.  AND, the exact same thing happened Thursday night just after Midnight until early yesterday morning.

Quite often, it seems to either lose the connection, or be slow, after it has started raining Heavily.

This is extremely frustrating, and certainly isn't value for money. Especially as when I run the Virgin Media recommended Speed Checker, my Speed will be shown as a low number, whilst my neighbours all show that they are receiving the full 200 Nbps, or only slightly lower.

To make matters worse, I have just found out that I have been paying well over my 18 Month Agreed package charge for over a year.  Definitely time now for a Complaint, maybe through my M.P. and a re-think about changing my supplier.

0 Kudos