cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Preformance

Kaldeep
Tuning in

After over 20 years with Virgin I am left with no choice but to consider leaving  on grounds that Virgin have breached the terms of my contract so I will not be liable to pay for the remainder of my contract.

Since Virgin decided to introduce WiFi Pods and WiFi boosters my WiFi  has stopped working. It used to work fine and I had allternative (BT) WiFi boosters that used to work OK.

It looks like Virgin have now made changes to the Hub so it will only support Virgin Boosters and Poda.

I also think this is somthing that needs to be adressed by Consumer rights as it turns Virgin broadband into a bit of a monoply gien their Tie in with BT and EE. Its clear the consuer is being Impacted by this with higher costs , poor preformance and deniel of choice.

PS cant get through to the call centre so even harder to talk about leaving Virgin.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kaldeep wrote:

<snip>  Since Virgin decided to introduce WiFi Pods and WiFi boosters my WiFi  has stopped working. It used to work fine and I had allternative (BT) WiFi boosters that used to work OK.

<snip>

VM no longer use boosters and only use Pods. 

The pods do work with the Hubs and if yours are not working, you should reset all the pods and re-pair them.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davef1uk
On our wavelength

It's funny you say to us boosters are not supported by VM..they sent me out one last year...to rectify my continued WiFi issues..  when I moved here 20 years ago..I never had any WiFi issues... hub is in the same place and tv is also..mobiles come and go.. nothing much changed..yet you get varying posts about reset hub. Move it somewhere better..change channels... it all adds up to a declining service ( poor service ) by a company that does little to rectify these issues but give you rhetoric answers ..

We pay for a service and don't get it!!

WiFi is crap with VM.  It won't improve until they steal someone's idea or pay someone to improve it.

Engineer after engineer I have had.. they can do nothing.  So what can we mere mortals do? Nothing!!

This community board use to be effective.. but over the years and just been a place to let off VM from their responsibility and us the customer, to let off steam.

Apart from the ODD geek..its the blind leading the blind.

I just hope one day soon, a European company will come in, restructuring our aging network, and sack off VM.  

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!