Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Outage

I am experiencing slow broadband at times and broadband dropping out. I rang the Technical helpline and they said my area (Area 22) is experiencing an ‘Outage’ until 29th October 12.00noon. He also mentioned if I got the My Virgin Media app it would flag the Outage on there as well saving time. In the he future. I have downloaded the app and it doesn’t mention the Outage anywhere. Can anyone confirm if there is an outage.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Outage

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I checked 'Check Service Status' and it says service is normal... I am experiencing intermittent speed and loss of connection and was told by Tech person over the phone that there was an Outage which made sense but can’t find evidence  of this on the app. That is my query.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Forget the App, it is nothing more than a shortcut to uncertainty.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok. I’ve rung the 0800 no and it says there is an issue effecting broadband and I’ve agreed to text updates so thanks.

0 Kudos