Menu
MCrosscombe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bristol BS8 Area mega slow since Christmas

Around Christmas time our internet speeds dropped (so clearly not a student problem as we had received good evening speeds before then). During work up the road with the renovation of a block of council flats, the speeds fell drastically in evenings and weekends, so likely you guys connected a bunch of new subscribers and haven't dealt with the obvious consequences. 

Has anything been noted about this problem yet?

6150685221100mb package, but this is the evening speed, typically with massive ping spikes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bristol BS8 Area mega slow since Christmas

Hey MCrosscombe,

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I appreciate the speed test results you've provided. Checking your connection I've picked up on a fault in your area under ref: F004917506 which is due for review on the 4th Oct. This fault is known for causing slow speeds, especially during peak time hours and to resolve this we need to undertake network upgrades.

I understand this isn't the news you were hoping for. Please accept my apologies and let me know if you've got any further questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

astrohominis
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bristol BS8 Area mega slow since Christmas

Hi Heather

I'm a new tenant at BS8 4UB and possibly looking to signup with VM. Consistently low latency is super duper important for me (even more than speed).

Do you happen know if there are still issues or if it's been resolved? I was concerned about signing up and being locked in a 12 month contract unable to switch

Thanks

0 Kudos