Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Box open

LRM_EXPORT_139009051487494_20190429_184442654.jpeg

Lincoln

LN60WD

Box open.

Fix it or have complaints.

Let's not tape it back together this time. Each time a guy comes out, he takes the tape off to do some work then pushed the doors shut. Box eventually opens. It's broken you know. Then someone comes out to tape it up again. Bottom spigot sheered off.

I'm a customer on a new account. Not this one.

0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box open

The box was opened for me as a new customer. So it's been like this since the beginning of April. Clearly it hasn't been reported. There are no good Samaritans. DIY as always! I reported this several years ago. That's when the tape started!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The number (automated iirc) for reporting street box problems is 0330 333 0444

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. But no offence. I've wasted enough of my time. If the TV goes out then I'm having compensation. It's automatically paid I believe. I'll only here for 12 months then off. I'm not going to play the old customer deal scam

I think a mod should be around in a few days to read this. They can sort it then. Unless they don't patrol the forums anymore. Perhaps. Feel free to flag my post for moderation. It might happen quicker.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi swapshop1,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to see this. 

If you can provide me with the full street address & the cabinets location on the street I can get this reported?

^Martin

0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All sorted.

I had to call up because the engineer BEFORE I joined "reconnected my services" to a phone line that was live for a self install - he should have left it alone. When I was officially connected, the line had the wrong phone number. so after many phone calls, engineer came out and found the actual wire was incorrect according to the db. he swapped the lines BACK, and now i have my ported in number. Who's was the number I was using? well, we didn't make any calls - I don't think so they should be ok.

Anyway - box door re-attached, using the lock and top spigot. It will be ok for another 5 years I guess, unless someone joins and the engineer is sloppy. Or kids play and pull the bottom of the door.

By then, it might be ripped out and true fibre installed? probably re-use the old box!
0 Kudos
louis-m
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another one fully open at:

Elizabeth Street
Corby
Northants
NN17

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there louis-m

Thank you for posting on our community forums and for taking the time to let us know about this. 

So that we can report this equipment and arrange for a repair etc. would you be able to give us an approximate location of where the box is on the road please?

Many thanks.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos