cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book an engineer

GiddyKippa
Tuning in

We rent out 3 properties to students. In March we upgraded to 500mbps, since then we have only been receiving 30mbps. The houses are all on the same street so it seems clear that the issue is external.

For months I have been contacting VM trying to resolve this issue ‐ I've spent hours upon hours on the phone and online chat etc

All I want is an engineer to visit but its like pulling teeth. How can I get an engineer to visit without going through the same rigmarole every time I call and speak to a "technician".

I'm so frustrated.....

Please can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You want a Tech visit (an engineer deals with bigger matters) and you were speaking to an underpaid offshore customer service advisor (script reader!) not a Techician 🙂

One option is to get the connection data from one of the Hubs and see if anything obvious leaps out. Are you able to do that? If so, I can post the instructions if you can get one of the occupants to do it.

Are their low speeds only evident on wifi connections or do they see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you get them to check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it really could be a network connection related?

Otherwise a "proper" VM person will respond to this in a day or two and advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, I don't have access to the router anymore as the new tenants move in tomorrow ‐ I have been trying to get it fixed through the summer break & failed which makes it even more exasperating.

The issue is with WiFi and ethernet connections and is the same whether one device is connected or 9. I did have some joy at one house while speaking to someone via the chat function when it went up to 136mbps however that was only if you were within 1 mtr of the router & still a very long way from the 500mbps we are paying for and 3 days later it reverted to circa 30mbps.

Which is why I am sure I need a visit to the house/s to assess & do some trouble shooting rather than endlessly turning the router on and off and then being told to wait 24hrs to see if it improves!

Rachel

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will leave it for VM to deal with in that case. i will ask them to come here to advise. they will need the tenants to be in and to access the "switched on" Hub settings - so will need some co-ordinating by VM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @GiddyKippa

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for reaching out. 

So that I can assist you further I am going to need to run some checks on the hub, I will pop you over a PM for some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M