cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BQM

jenfamily1
Dialled in

Been having problems with poor wifi signal.Often marginal 37% or 31% so I performed a BQM test. The results were 188 Mbps upload & 21 Mbps upload. I was asked to post a link to everyone but don't know how so can you tell me if these speeds look ok?

15 REPLIES 15

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good call John.   I hadn't thought of that, can't see the woods for the trees.

Jenfamily 1 - This is a good solution and  not overly expensive, so should be easy enough to implement.  In fact, if you got a wifi access point with 4 ethernet ports, you could do away with the switch ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Jenfamily1

As Adduxi says... the one below is a good solution and a good price right now. Just pull the ethernet from the PC and plug it into the yellow port on the back and your other ethernet connected device into the 4 ports... Lan1-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-AC2000-Wireless-Access-WAC124-100UKS/dp/B01N47QKDQ/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John
Finally got a chance to look at this Wifi Netgear contraption on Amazon this morning and just want to check if I'm understanding correctly. the ethernet cable end which connects my hub to my PC is to be pulled out from the PC ( leaving the other end in the hub) and placed into?? one of the ports at the rear of the 'Netgear' I'm not sure what's meant by 'other ethernet connected device' ( unless this is the wifi booster from Amazon) I only have one ethernet connected from PC to the VM hub. Will I still be using the VM hub in addition to this or instead of.Apologies for my ignorance on these matters

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remove Ethernet from PC and plug into yellow port on the netgear. A new Cat 6 cable from one of the black ports on the netgear into the PC.

This will also give WiFi from the netgear to cover black spots.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks Adduxi

Apologies for addressing John and not you both. You've both been very helpful

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jenfamily1 wrote:
Thanks Adduxi

Apologies for addressing John and not you both. You've both been very helpful

No worries, we are all here to help each other 🙂