cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BQM

ukmartian
Up to speed

My speeds are up and down I very rarely get 350mbps   as per previous posts I am on a mesh system..this problem has been consistent on 3 different set up. as unable to a wired connection I was asked to set up a BQM...tonight I had problems between  10pm and 11pm..i hope I have attached this BQM  properly what does it show, if not there ease tell me how..thanks

• [url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f863ef2073eb4705bf1b64524b0c6b0be68c72f6-13-02-2022][img]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/f863ef2073eb4705bf1b64524b0c6b0be68c72f6-13-02-2022.png[/img][/url]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ukmartian Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable between the hub and your router? A faulty/damaged cable can result in slower speeds.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That look like over utilisation in your area, but we will need to see the stats from the Hub,

Please post your power levels and network log for comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How is the best way to get these readings please ???.. I have tried  I separate router and 2 different  mesh systems. The hub is in modem mode hardwired to my mesh I don't want to mess with modem asast time I had to log my smart devices in again  ... This problem is  something that has been plaguing me for months ...check my previous posts   

ukmartian
Up to speed
  • Further to my post and BQM  2 days ago when my broad band speeds were up and down like a kangaroo on a pogo stick starting about 10pm the same thing happened tonight again starting at about 10pm my sky lost it's network connection it's wired and my speeds went down to virtually zero even a speed test  wouldn't connect    it's to much of a coincidence for this to happen at almost the same time virtually 3 nights running   .this has got to be a external problem surely attached are my speed tests over a few minutes   Screenshot_20220215-221207_Speedtest.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ukmartian wrote:

How is the best way to get these readings please ???.. I have tried  I separate router and 2 different  mesh systems. The hub is in modem mode hardwired to my mesh I don't want to mess with modem asast time I had to log my smart devices in again  ... This problem is  something that has been plaguing me for months ...check my previous posts   

I've merged your posts together to may it easier for the forums tech guru's and also VM Staff to see what's happening.

As to posting your router stats:-.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data  (don't use screen shots) onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream & Network Logs pages. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi ukmartian, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your services. 

Checking our systems at this end, all is looking good in terms of the Hub signal and power levels. Nothing is showing a miss and a view of the area over all is also looking good. There is no congestion affecting you. 

As you are using a third party mesh systems, we need to look at where the issues appear. Please disconnect this from the Hub so your connection is only Hub - Ethernet cable - PC / Laptop. This will allow us to check the speed to ensure the hub is getting the correct information. 

From here we can then add the mesh system back in to see if it's that which is causing the issues. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

always down to my mesh system. .to date to try and curs the I have put hub in modem mode tried a independent router, didn't work, and and tried 2 different mesh systems had a speed increase as I was told I was overloading things  and  still problems ..it is not just wifi bit also ethernet connected devices.When I had a engineer last time he told me my side of things were ok ..if I go back to using the hub I will have to disconnect l my smart devices  which includes lights tv heating cameras, because the hub does not have the range or capacity to run the devices..besides a previous comment to a BQM graph I posted said it looked like I had a over utilisation issue in my local area  

I'm sorry to hear this @ukmartian but we are not able to check the Hub or run diagnostics on our side when the Hus is connected to a third party system. 

Please let us know if you are able to disable this so that we can run the tests for you. 

Thank you. 

If I disable my equipment...i will have disrupted my lights heating smart plugs cameras also doesn't the fact that this has been ongoing for months and the fact that I have replaced my "3rd" party equipment 3 times including cables prove that the problem is external

ukmartian
Up to speed

I need to pinhole reset my hub which is in modem mode...However I don't want to disturb the connections to my mesh router as a pain to reset everything   ..if I disconnect the mesh router from the hub by removing the ethernet  before resetting will my device connections be affected?? Thanks...