Menu
Highlighted
Moggy45
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Awful fibre optic broadband speed

I have never been so conned in my life. This speed is awful. I was told by the engineer that virgin were ‘having a laugh’selli g me the package I have because he said there is absolutely NO WAY I would achievethose download speeds in my area. I phoned the call centre and spoke to a broken English speaking lady who ignored this and told me to press the reset button every time to get on a better channel- she said it would take up to a week for the speeds to increase?! wth?? Pleas tell me how I can bypass this lady and try to cancel my account based on a missold prodict? We are tearing our hair out and desp to get back to sky!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful fibre optic broadband speed

speeds should be there from the start - there is no leaning - other advive from offshore was equal rubbish

if you are within 14 days you can cancel

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

if you are outside that then it could cost you but there is a price increase in oct which means you can leave with no penalty

if you want help in sorting the problem then post some info

log into hub - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

are you testing wired or via wifi - to test speed always test wired - if the problem is wifi then there can be many reasons [you side] that you get low speeds

not sure what the tech was saying - utilisation in an area can cause low speeds but afaik VM will not sell into an over utilised area so maybe he was also making it up as he went on

Tony
0 Kudos
Moggy45
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply! I am outside the 14 days now - kept waiting another week and another week just to see if the speed increased. I’ve never experienced such AWFUL tv and broadband service. Our TV streaming has been broken for over a week now - apparently the fault in our area is taking longer to fix than expected?!!

so in october I can just leave it give them notice from now? Thanks for this info- I will for absolute sure be leaving as soon as I am able for free!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

letters are going out for a price increase - not sure if you actually need that in your hand - but certainly once you have it you can leave with no penalty - just sight the price increase as the reason

you need to speak to retentions as and when

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Moggy45
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moggy45,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F006461142 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 18 SEP 2018.

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you.

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Moggy45
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It’s still a horrific service! Broadband cuts out 10+ tines a day. Tv doesn’t even work...it’s a joke. Virgin media are complete criminals stealing money from me knowingly when they know it doesn’t work in my are. They’ve dug up the entire town and it doesn’t even work. I am disgusted

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moggy45, sorry to hear of the service issues. Is there any service issues listed here - virg.in/service that can explain this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Moggy45
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nope!

i tell you it’s been4 months...four whole months with no tv channels...except when it accepts payment to download a film the dilm starts then cuts out!! We then have to wait weeks for the dvd to arrive and that’s our only way of watching the film we bought! The internet is NON existent too! It’s criminal the amount of money virgin are taking and won’t give the service we are paying for - absolutely criminal!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies. Can you sign in to the service checker for me and run the fault test?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos