cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful broadband speeds and drop outs 03

m0bov
Tuning in

In SM5 3 area of Carshalton, Surrey. Almost a whole week now, limited streaming, youtube and unable to use Wifi for voicecalls or What's app.

Service status shows an issue, should have been fixed today, now showing 19th, can't put up with this. Any ideas what's going on?

Full House with 200Mb. 2x V6s hard wired, SH3 in Modem Mode with Ubiquiti Router. Ubiquiti Wifi Points, IP CCTV and Sonoff Smart switches& Philips Hue, Synology NAS. Whole house wired with CAT5e.
7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are not already getting the most local fault information, you can do so on 0800 561 0061.

A staff member on here may be able to give you a fault reference number and an estimated clearance date, but other than that you will most likely just have to wait until it's been fixed.  This is why it's always good to have a mobile broadband standby.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @m0bov

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. 

I've done a system check today and you're affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. 

The fault reference is F009514664 and the estimated fix date is the 20th December at 9am. Please monitor the connection after this time and let us know if any further issues.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That would be three weeks, I hope I'm getting compensation. The fix date keeps being pushed back.

Full House with 200Mb. 2x V6s hard wired, SH3 in Modem Mode with Ubiquiti Router. Ubiquiti Wifi Points, IP CCTV and Sonoff Smart switches& Philips Hue, Synology NAS. Whole house wired with CAT5e.

Hi @m0bov

Apologies again for that. SNR doesn't come under the automatic compensation policy I'm afraid.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Surely no internet and streaming does?

If the connection is unusable then it's a contract breach anyway so you can leave without penalty, assuming alternative providers are available.

Hi @m0bov,

You can read about our Auto Compensation Scheme and what this covers here

Kind Regards, 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs