Menu
RucyHT
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Awful Internet Speed and continual drops

We’re having so many issues with our internet. The speed drops to 0 a lot of the time and drops off completely a lot. In a house where we rely heavily on the internet for music, our baby monitor and my husband working, it is extremely frustrating. We’ve spoken to virgin who have told us there are no problems. They did however send us a new router, which made no difference. And engineer has visited and said there’s no problem. 
At the present time it’s impossible to move providers. Does anyone have any ideas or tips on what we can do. Husband is having to tether off his phone to be able to make video calls with work, which isn’t sustainable long term. 
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Internet Speed and continual drops

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I can give you a few tips for example make sure all connections are tight from the back of the hub to the isolater then do a hard rest which can be found at the back of the hub

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

are these wired or wireless connections that are dropping?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RucyHT
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We’ve done all those things and it’s still not working very well. We have to reboot the router about 5 times a day to keep things working even slightly. 

0 Kudos
RucyHT
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They’re wireless. We bought a wireless booster that has helped for a while but now nothing seems to help!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RucyHT
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

we don’t have any wired connections!!

0 Kudos