Menu
speedsbadman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Average speed below expected range

I'm on a M350 package which has the following expected ranges.

Expected download speed ranges331 - 379 Mbps
Expected upload speed ranges33 - 37 Mbps

I've setup a device for internet speed monitoring that uses speedtest.net recommended for Hub 3 users.

I've been monitoring my speed for the past 7 weeks and here is the data I've gathered from speed tests running every 15 minutes.

What can I do to either get compensation for the failure to meet the expected advertised ranges, or get the speeds to improve? (I've already had an engineer out and they said there's nothing they could do)

Apparently the M500 package is supported in my area but why would I upgrade when they barely meet the ranges for the M350 package?

Surely they should upgrade me to the M500 for free so I can get the expected ranges I should be getting for the M350 package.

average-speeds.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Average speed below expected range

The download speeds look ok - a bit low but thats possibly not significant and may be due to other variables. But the upload looks a bit iffy. So can you post up the connection data as per below and so we can see if anything obvious shows up.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Average speed below expected range

Good morning @speedsbadman 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband speeds. 

Are you able to let me know if you have managed to follow the advise listed by @jbrennand 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos