cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for a SH3 or stick with SH2?

strongbow
On our wavelength

I've had a Superhub 2 on M200 for some time and it's generally worked fine, with Wi-fi around the house OK. I use my SH2 as a router rather than in modem mode.

With Volt, I opted to be increased to M350 (only increased as it was offered but don't really need the extra speed) which has now been activated but I'm not getting that speed. No information from VM about this but having read on here I can see that the maximum speed on the SH2 is M200. 

I've read a bit about people not liking the SH3. So my question is do I stick with my SH2 and its maximum M200, or ask for a SH3 to get M350? If I stick with my SH2, should I tell VM that I want to go back down to M200? I don't particularly want to pay out for a separate router if I don't need one.

7 REPLIES 7

DavidJWalker
Well-informed
one if volt is actice on the account you must be with 02 reboot the router the superhub 2 can handle m300 people don't say to reboot the router to get new speeds the routers don't update them self like the tv packages

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

its up to you to ask for sh3 that can handle more speed then the old verson

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

To reboot, do you mean just to turn it off and on again - as if so that doesn't make a difference. Or do I need to do something else?

if that does not make a difference ask for the SH3 that does from from the limit of SH2 too like M600 SH4 is from m600 to a 1Gig

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a Hub 3 for 350. If you want to stay with the SH2 you will need to stay on 200.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

strongbow
On our wavelength

Thanks - but I'm asking for an opinion of whether to stick with my SH2, or whether it's better to go to SH3, bearing in mind I'm using it in router mode. I connect my desktop computer via ethernet, but have several Wifi devices.

Therefore, am I better sticking to my SH2 at M200 or should I go to SH3 at M350? I appreciate there's a speed increase but if the SH3 is going to be less reliable or I'm not going to get as good WiFi for instance I'll stick with my SH2. Hopefully, someone with experience of both can advise.

i had SH3 before if you put it high your wifi will cover were you want it wifi drops thats a good tip of the SH its been good for a few people i had one faulty SH3 since i upgraded to m350 and to m650 upgrades with the same hub i have internet switches connecting most of my stuff i only use wifi for like tabels some moblies and echo dot all my other stuff is hard wired i keep them in router modes its been good to me with internet switches i have 3 8 ports switches connected all the time its been good at that point now i have SH4 on 1 Gig