Menu
Highlighted
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 disconnects. Again.

Same as last time I posted a few weeks ago.  Answer on here was that you were aware of a problem but it had been sorted.

Worse than ever now.  Probably around 10 to 20 random disconnects a week over the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Hub lights are normal but everyone is disconnected.  Usually ok after hub reset but is a pain and becoming rather annoying to everybody in the house.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 disconnects. Again.

Set up a free BQM to continually monitor the state of your connection 24/7. At least you will have the data.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ive no inclination or time to be messing about with that.  My connection is dropping, there are numerous T3 timeouts.  That's all the evidence I need.

VMs responsibility to sort it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@pbibs wrote:

Ive no inclination or time to be messing about with that.  My connection is dropping, there are numerous T3 timeouts.  That's all the evidence I need.   VMs responsibility to sort it.

Fair enough.  Dont waste your time posting on a help forum then.  Call it in and tell them to come out and fix it.  Will be quicker than waiting on here.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Used here before as its convenient and has always got me results.  Its never wasted my time in the past.  Just on this occasion.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The world has changed.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbibs,

I appreciate you posting to the Virgin Media Community.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

We need to get an assistance with our technical team to do further diagnostic with your services, and we can do this via Online chat.

Hope this helps.

Gina_M

0 Kudos
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok Thanks.  Go ahead.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbibs,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Gina_M

0 Kudos
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gina,

had an engineer round and he could not find any problems.  He replaced a small piece of cable indoors and also outside.  He hinted it may be network related and to make a note of the times any disconnects occur.  Since the engineer came,  I had disconnects on the 1/4 and 2/4 but none since so hopefully it has settled down.

Thanks.

0 Kudos