Menu
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are Virgin throttling users speeds?

Basically, they take your money and don't care about their customers. They are an utter joke.

Deano34
Tuning in
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I live in the PO9 area, so not a million miles away from yourself.

I used to suffer from this all the time, which eventually made us leave Virgin all together. However, with rising prices from BT, we returned back to Virgin last summer and couldn't be more impressed in the progress.

Currently at 100meg and constantly get around 99-105mb. Peak times does see a slight drop to 80, however its rarely only for about an hour.

We've had a booster fitted to a line this time to balance the power levels, so maybe that may sort the issues? But hang on in there, things to get fixed!
Wend26
Tuning in
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

We never get the speed we're told we're getting. Upgraded to 200 f.optic in Feb...yeah right. Same as you. Phone to report it get told 'we'll change your channel and see if that works'.
0 Kudos
DoItWithV
Tuning in
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

nislam88
Tuning in
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

since i have gone on to vivid 200 i have been having the same problem, on fibre 50Mb i was getting around 45mb through most of the day, as soon as i went on to the vivid 200 my speeds are stuck around 10-15mb and then bam 2-5mb 

Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi SJR_360, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your speeds. 

Looking at fault ref F004031061 for slow speeds at peak times I sadly do not have any more news on this yet. I can see that the team that deal with this type of issue have been keeping in touch with you and they will let you know as soon as they know more. 

These types of faults can have a long lead time because of the amount of planning and physical labour required to complete them. They can involve anything from adding new cables and new street furniture to building new Head End buildings. 

This will involve getting planning and permissions from various sources involving local Councils, Gas, Water, Electric, Highways Agency, local businesses and so on. 

Fingers crossed when the team speak to you next we will have better news for you. I can see an update is due on the 11/01/2017, they will contact you on or around that date to advise further. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi SiKi,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F003478328 for slow speeds at peak times, the current review date is 18/01/2017. I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. 

I do not have any more news on this here currently. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wend26, 

Thank you for also getting in touch, it doesn't sound like you have had the best time with us recently. 

I have taken a look and it seems that there is some change work going on in your area which hopefully should improve your connection - ref C00783002. 

Keep an eye on your connection for the next few days and let me know how you are getting on. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wend26, 

Just a quick update the change ticket has been completed and your connection is now looking good from this side. 

How have things been looking for you since you last posted? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
Rancid
Up to speed
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

You can add SW16 to the ever growing lists of areas being throttled.
F004332018 has already been knocked back once and is now due to be knocked back again on

Area 21 SW16 crap speeds for 12+ Months... current fault F004332018, Complaint COM101113771 Ignored, VM code of conduct Ignored... Avoid VM at all costs