Menu
Cazzo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone in East Leeds getting poor speeds again tonight

I've noticed my speeds seem to be dropping a lot lately especially on evenings and weekends.  Tried watching something in 4K on Netflix and found it wasn't happening, then find my speed was down to 14mbps where it should be 150  rebooted my router and gone through the checks but it only brought it up to 25 for a few minutes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone in East Leeds getting poor speeds again tonight

Hey Cazzo,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection speeds. I've checked on this and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F004822980 and it's due for review on the 30th Aug.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TitusAduxas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mine is the same. Down from 100mbs to 30 Smiley Frustrated. contacted support who have told me maintenance in the area is responsible and I'm stuck with it till early July !!!. I cant really in all fairness to Virginmedia be too critical as the service has been rock solid for a long time now but 3 to 4 weeks is excessive and is a bitter pill to swallow. And to make it worse when I check service status it says no problems ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TitusAduxas, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

There seems to be some weird things going on with your hub. Firstly the downstream power levels are too low. Secondly it seems that you only have one active downstream. I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos